You don`t have to be a professional photographer to get the right shot. You can even take great photos with your smartphone, that are suitable. Here are a few tips:
- TAKING AT EYE-LEVEL – A more desirable portrait can be created if you are at the subjects eye-level, rather than looking up or down at them, particularly for dog portraits.
- LIGHTING – Light is very important when it comes to a good photo. The best option to take a photo is outdoor!
- FOCUSING ON YOUR SUBJECT
- POSE – the best pose to take a photo of your pet is either sitting down or standing
- NO ACCESSORIES – your pet shouldn´t be wearing any accessories like harnesses, collars or leashes, if you don´t want them to be included in the potrait.
- GET CLOSE – you should get close enough, so that all the details are visible, but not too close, so that there are no cut-off body parts of the pet
These would be some great photos to work with:
Photos that are not suited:
Please avoid to send:
- Photos that are saved/downloaded from Instagram or Facebook
- Photos that are smaller than 1 MB
I do offer human portraits, as well as portraits for all kinds of other pets!
Once I send you the portrait, you will have the chance request unlimited revisions. Though, there are some restrictions.
- Small color changes
- Adjusting the the size of elements in the portrait
- Adding more or removing graphics like flowers, feathers etc.
- Adding more or removing watercolor splatters/washes
Revisions that can`t be made:
- Changing the reference photo of the pet
- Changing the style of the portrait (for example from Watercolor to Color Splash)
- Changing to a totally different color scheme than originally discussed
I can only remove small accessories, that aren`t covering important details.
Yes you can! If you would like to order a canvas print in addition to the digital portrait, you can go to my “Add-On” page and select a print.
Yes! It helps if the subjects in the photos are shot with similar lighting and in the same direction so that the shadows lineup.
Since my portraits are digital you can order a portrait, no matter where you live. Normally no physical print is shipped, unless you order one (“Add-Ons”). Add-Ons like photo canvases, photo paper prints and phone cases can be purchased in addition to a digital portrait.